The UK government which announced recently that it was imposing sanctions on some Zimbabwean officials has explained why the individuals had to be sanctioned. In the following video, the UK made the following points:
- The UK is standing up for human rights and the Zimbabwean people
- The sanctions will be used to hold the 4 individuals responsible for serious human rights violations
- The sanctions are targeting individuals responsible for the violent crackdown of protestors.
- The sanctions will affect senior government authorities not ordinary Zimbabweans
- The 4 senior government officials will not be able to enter the UK, or profit from the UK economy.
Watch the video below:
Introducing the Pindula News Mobil App
Download from Google Play Store
The UK has explained its unexpected decision to impose new sanctions on Zimbabwean security sector chiefs. pic.twitter.com/ss963zjfs3
— TheNewsHawks (@NewsHawksLive) February 2, 2021