Given restricted movement because of the lockdown, many people in Zimbabwe are buying airtime online using EcoCash. Below are two of the easiest ways to do this. One can buy NetOne, Telecel and Econet airtime. They can then convert this to data bundles depending on the needs.
Here are the 5 steps for buying airtime on WhatsApp:
1. Send the word “Airtime” to +263 71 481 5229
2. You will receive the following message:
- To buy NetOne, Telecel, Econet and Africom airtime using EcoCash reply with: Amount#Number to recharge#EcoCash number e.g 3#O714815229#O772888999
3. After sending the above message, you will receive a message which reads:
Your order ID is 1833851. Please check your EcoCash phone and enter your pin.
If there’s a problem with your order click here: https://wa.me/263774685241?text=Hi,%20I%20have%20a%20problem%20with%20Pindula%20order%20%231833851%20please%20check%20for%20me.
If this number stops working, reach out to us on WhatsApp number 0714590300 and we will give you a new number to use for airtime.
Powered by Techzim
Another way of buying Airtime online:
- Go to buyairtime.co.zw
- In the space provided enter:
Number to be recharged
Amount of Airtime and,
EcoCash number for the payment
- Click on the Buy button
- An EcoCash prompt for the pin will then appear on the EcoCash phone.
- After entering the pin to make the payment, the phone number to be recharged will be topped up.