BREAKING: Bhebhe’s Bid To Bar MDC-T Congress Fails

MDC-T’s former organising secretary, Abednico Bhebhe’s bid to bar the party’s Supreme Court sanctioned Extraordinary congress scheduled for this Sunday today suffered a huge setback.

This comes after the Bulawayo High Court n Bulawayo has dismissed Bhebhe’s urgent application with costs.

The congress which is meant to elect the heir to the party’s late founding leader Morgan Tsvangirai who succumbed to cancer on 14 February 2018 is scheduled for this weekend at Harare International Conference Centre.

Meanwhile, the congress is in jeopardy after the party’s deputy Treasurer-General, Chief Ndlovu, claimed he had no transport money for delegates after the reinstated Secretary-General, Douglas Mwonzora allegedly withdrew close to $6 million from the party’s account.

The congress was last week postponed over irregularities in the voters’ roll which supporters of the incumbent president, Thokozani Khupe, said had been tampered with by presidential aspirant Douglas Mwonzora.

It had been postponed from the initial date, 31 July after police said the event could not go on due to the coronavirus.

More: MDC-T Twitter

 

To Comment, please click here

Featured Profiles

Satisfaction survey
How likely is it that you would recommend Pindula News to a friend or colleague?
SuggestionsHow can we improve?
You have already submitted your feedback. If you would like to add more feedback please write us on hello@pindula.com.

Back to top

Write a Comment

Your email address will not be published.