The ZANU PF secretary for administration, Obert Mpofu has announced that the party’s District Coordinating Committees (DCCs) elections will be held on 5 and 6 December 2020.
Mpofu made the announcement at the ZANU PF Headquarters on Friday evening during the National Spokesperson’s Editors Cocktail Dinner.
Mpofu said voting will be done from 0800hrs to 1600hrs at the respective designated Ward centres across all the 8 provinces and only candidates which were vetted and approved by the National Security Department and Commissariat will participate in the elections.
He added that the national elections Command Centre will be located at the Party Headquarters in Harare and will be presided by the national chair, secretaries for administration, security, national political commissar and other supporting Politburo members.
Mpofu said the DCC elections will be governed by the following parameters:
- The Electoral College will consist of District Executive Committee Members
- Deployment of Supervisory Teams to Provinces will be on the 3rd December 2020
- The Voters Roll will be as per the – 2017/2018 approved Membership Registers
- The Elections Supervisory Team – Each Province will be supervised by a team from a different province
- Ballot Papers will only consist of the approved candidates.