The Zimbabwe Council for Higher Education (Zimche) has parted ways with its top operations manager Mrs Florence Chimbunu after it was exposed that she had a single Ordinary Level pass.
Chimbunu who started as a receptionist was promoted to the top managerial post in January this year after claiming that she had five O’ Level passes plus tertiary level qualifications.
Introducing the Pindula News Mobil App
Download from Google Play Store
The fraud was detected when Human Resources at the country’s quality regulator of degree and diploma programmes conducted an audit check which exposed that Chimhunu was using allegedly fake academic and tertiary qualifications.
Her new position came with the following benefits:
- private security guard,
- an all-terrain Toyota Hilux double cab vehicle,
- payment of school fees for three children, her tertiary fees and her spouse’s fees
- a five-day international holiday and daily allowance for two people annually,
- 340 litres of fuel monthly,
- a landline telephone and wi-fi allowance,
- professional association allowance and dressing allowance.
- a domestic worker’s allowance and
- a monthly retention allowance,
- entertainment allowance,
- medical aid cover for spouse and four dependants,
- cellphone and housing allowances.
Following the discovery, Zimche parted ways with Chimbunu who has since been arrested for fraud and forgery and now awaits trial.
More: The Herald