Gweru Student Electrocuted, Another Falls From Mango Tree

A student at Nkululeko High School in Gweru was Sunday electrocuted while washing his blankets in a tub at his hostel.

Midlands Police Spokesperson Joel Goko confirmed the death of the 16-year-old Collen Chinyemba, whose home is in Harare. Goko said:


Introducing the Pindula News Mobil App
Download from Google Play Store

We received news of the tragic death of a 16-year-old student at Nkululeko High School.

We heard that the learner was washing his blankets in a tub in the boys’ hostel when he then tried to steady himself by holding on to a metal pinned to the wall and was electrocuted.

NewZimbabwe reports that school authorities rushed with the boy to Gweru General Hospital where he was pronounced dead upon arrival.

In a related incident, a Form 3 student from Rutendo High School in Kwekwe Sunday fell and died from a mango tree he had climbed to fetch the fruit.

The incident was confirmed by Redcliff Mayor Clayton Masiyatsva who, however, said he was yet to get details of what really transpired.

Area councillor Makanyara Piki told NewZimbabwe that the now deceased passed on at Kwekwe General Hospital.

Sources said a day before his death the now deceased nearly drowned at Green Dam in Redcliff where he had gone for swimming with his friends.

More: NewZimbabwe

Join WhatsApp & Telegram News Groups:

WhatsApp Group: https://chat.whatsapp.com/D4vbg5RLhkbFfVyMdu8rLi


Telegram Group: https://t.me/pindula

Back to top

Write a Comment

Your email address will not be published.


Share Full Post

Nyaradzo logo

RSS Recent Profiles Created

Satisfaction survey
How likely is it that you would recommend Pindula News to a friend or colleague?
SuggestionsHow can we improve?
You have already submitted your feedback. If you would like to add more feedback please write us on hello@pindula.com.