PASSPORT APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS: CLARIFICATION ON PASSPORT PHOTO SPECIFICATIONS
It has come to the attention of the Consul General that most passport photos which are being submitted by our valued clients for passport application purposes are being rejected for failure to meet the minimum standards for a passport application photo.
The Consul General has also received numerous complaints from clients, voicing their strong suspicion that their photos were being rejected because they were not obtained from the Consulate’s “preferred source”.
The Office of the Consul General hereby provides the following clarification:
- The Consulate does not have a preferred/chosen photographer. As such, clients are free to decide on where to
obtain their passport photographs.
- The Consulate is not affiliated/connected to any photographer(s) within and without the South Africa borders. Consequently, the institution has no interest in dictating where passport photographs should be obtained.
As a way of ensuring transparency and accountability in judgements relating to the suitability of passports photos, the Consulate has introduced a “Passport Photo Rejection Clearance Form aimed at allowing a review of each decision before finalisation
- Neutral facial expression with the mouth must shut. (Smiling, frowning or raised eyebrows not acceptable).
- The photos must be printed on high quality, smooth paper and non-glossy paper.
In addition to the above specifications,
- The child’s eyes and ears must be clearly visible. Do not photograph infants and new-borns when they are asleep:
- The child must be alone in his/her passport photo;
- Headwear is not allowed;
Clients are welcome to loge their complaints via a dedicated email: firstname.lastname@example.org in cases where they are convinced that the passport photo rejection process has been biased.
Clients should remember to have the rejected photo signed at the back as substantiating evidence.
The Consulate would like to take this opportunity to remind our valued clients NOT TO CERTIFY in advance copies of documents to be used for the various applications as these will not be accepted.
N.B. Before the appointment, please visit our website: www.zimbabweconsulate.co.za for comprehensive information relating application requires for all consular services.
Clients should be guided accordingly.
- PICTURES: Robert Mugabe's Son Hospitalised In Singapore
- Voting For CCC Will Bring War, Instability To Zimbabwe, Says Chinamasa
- ED's Bank Lending Ban Linked To ZANU PF Internal Dynamics
- Tongaat Hulett Hikes Sugar Prices
Join WhatsApp & Telegram News Groups:
WhatsApp Group: https://chat.whatsapp.com/BfSIgXzFrX81Ht5SFN2Yyu