Harare City Council has announced the closure of Mbare Musika Bus Terminus for renovation purposes. The local government authority did not specify when the renovations will be complete. This comes after the government announced that intends to rehabilitate old suburbs in major cities. We present below the HCC’s statement on Mbare closure.
CLOSURE OF MBARE MUSIKA BUS TERMINUS FOR RENOVATIONS ANC TEMPORARY USE OF ALTERNATIVE PICK UP AND DROP OFF POINTS.
1. The City of Harare wishes to inform the public that Mbare Musika Bus Termini is currently closed for renovations.
2. Destinations not stated but fall on the same routes mentioned above will use the same pick-up and drop off points.
3. The temporary ranks shall only accommodate buses with COVID-19 compliance permits.
4. The City therefore implore travellers and bus operators to comply and take due care so as to maintain orderliness and the safety of the travelling public.
5. Council has designated temporary pick up and drop off points for intercity travel.
See attached notice below