10 MDC Alliance MPs including Nelson Chamisa’s Vice President Lynette Karenyi-Kore have been recalled by Thokozani Khupe who is the interim leader of the court resurrected MDC T outfit that has been recalling councilors and legislators alike in the last few months, The Herald reports.
The recalls confirm the report that MDC T was going to recall some legislators that were circulating during the weekend.
According to the publication the recalled MPs are:
- Eric Murai of Highfield East
- Wellington Chikombo of Glen Norah
- Earthrage Kureva of Epworth
- Dorcas Sibanda of Proportional Representation Bulawayo
- Caston Matewu of Marondera Central
- Lynette Karenyi Kore of PR Manicaland
- Concilia Chinanzvavana of PR Mashonaland West
- Susan Matsunga of Mufakose
- Prince Dubeko Sibanda of Binga North
- Unganai Tarusenga of St Mary’s
The recent recall brings to 31 the number of legislators MDC T has recalled since the court ruling that saw Khupe targeting MDC Alliance MPs. Khupe has also recalled 84 MDC T councilors including Beitbridge, Harare, Gwanda, and Marondera Mayors.
Nelson Chamisa and the MDC Alliance have not addressed the recalls except by saying they will field candidates in the upcoming by-elections and they are not changing their name ever since the MDC Alliance rebranded and Morgen Komichi said their party is the real MDC Alliance a fortnight ago.
More: The Herald