ZIPIT has launched a new product Branded ZIPIT Smart which is similar (in terms of how it operates) to EcoCash and or One Money Techzim reports.
According to the publication, ZIPIT Smart will allow a user to make payments using USSD code just like how Ecocash users pay merchants using the same feature and both the merchant and the user get a confirmation message. But unlike Ecocash and One Money, you don’t have to register as you can access it through
- Via USSD
- Your banks mobile application
- Merchant initiates transaction via POS
Techzim further listed the steps to follow if you want to access it using USSD:
- Enter your mobile banking code via USSD;
- Enter 4 digit PIN to access banking menu;
- Select ZIPIT Smart option;
- Select option 1 pay merchant;
- Enter smart merchant code displayed by cashier;
- Enter amount;
- Accept confirmation.
ZIPIT Smart is operational to people who bank with the following banks for now:
This follows the government’s ban on some Ecocash transactions under the banner that they were fueling black market activities.