Buhera’s Marovanyati Dam will be commissioned soon, The Sunday Mail reports. After the commissioning, the Dam will reportedly provide raw water for Murambinda Growth Point and three irrigation schemes of 1250 hectares downstream.
This was confirmed by Zimbabwe National Water Authority (Zinwa) corporate communications and marketing manager Mrs Marjorie Munyonga who said;
The dams are at various stages of completion, with Marovanyati Dam complete and set for commissioning anytime. Only minor works to tidy the place remain outstanding. Work has already commenced for the establishment of irrigation schemes to benefit from Marovanyati Dam, which is currently holding in excess of 30 million cubic metres of water.
Construction work is underway at those dams given completion priority under the Transitional Stabilisation Programme (TSP), though progress has also not been spared the impact of the Covid-19 lockdown and restrictions.
Munyonga also shared the following progress update about other dams countrywide:
- Gwayi-Shangani Dam 39% complete.
- Semwa Dam in Rushinga is at 39% complete
- Chivhu Dam 35%
- Construction of Silverstroom Dam in Muzarabani has commenced,
- Bindura Dam 39%
- Tuli-Manyange in Matabeleland South together with the Dande Dam and Tunnel Project to resume shortly
- Causeway Dam near Marondera (80 percent)
More: The Sunday Mail