IN THE MATTER OF THE STATE
PANASHE VONGAI SIVINDANI (Hereinafter called the accused)
Are you in Zimbabwe?
Read Pindula News without data on your phone on freedata.pindula.co.zw
Only Applicable to Econet lines
1. The complainant, in this case, is the State.
2. The accused resides at number 204 Block A National University of Science and Technology, Bulawayo and is a third-year student at the aforementioned University.
3. On the 31st of July 2020 at around 1300hours information was received from an anonymous caller to the effect that an unknown demonstrator entered TM Supermarket, Ascot Shopping Centre, Bulawayo to do her shopping and whilst inside the supermarket, the demonstrator displayed a placard inscribed #No to corruption, #Free Hopewell, #No to nepotism, #No commissioned law enforcement and justice system and #we want accountability,
4. The police carried out some investigations and went to TM Supermarket, Ascot Shopping Centre, Bulawayo where the manager played a CCTV footage which showed the accused removing the placard from her bag, wearing it and then went on to carry out her shopping displaying the above message. After paying for a water bottle, accused removed the placard and placed it in her bag.
5. Subsequent investigations led to the arrest of the accused and the demonstration the material was not recovered.
6. The State can produce the CCTV footage as an EXHIBIT.
7. The accused person had no right to act in the manner she did.
- Three Mvurwi Sisters Perish In Car Crash
- Fired MSU Lecturer Found Dead
- Kombi Driver Crashes Into Minister's Mercedes Benz
- New Party, Citizens Convergence For Change, Registers With ZEC