29 JULY 2020
VIOLATIONS OF COVID-19 NATIONAL LOCKDOWN MEASURES.
In light of the increase in COVID-19 cases in the country, the Zimbabwe Republic Police urges members of the public not to defy national lockdown measures for the safety, health and security of all.
It is disturbing to note that since the 30th March 2020, a total of 120 023 people have been arrested for various offences related to violations of the national lockdown regulations.
Provinces currently topping the arrests are Harare, Manicaland and Bulawayo.
Meanwhile, it has come to the attention of the police that some unscrupulous individuals and groups are inciting and urging members of the public to engage in acts of violence.
Police will, therefore, take decisive action against such unruly elements.
Members of the public are advised to report such acts of violence or incitement, meant to destabilize the current peaceful environment in the country on the following Police phone numbers which are manned 24/7 throughout the country:
- HARARE – (0242) 748836/753783
- BULAWAYO – (0292) 73547/885479
- MIDLANDS – (054) 2222477
- MATEBELELAND NORTH – (02821) 30333/30259
- MATEBELELAND SOUTH – (0284) 22323
- MANICALAND – (02020) 63231/63813
- MASVINGO – (03920 262627
- MASHONALAND WEST – (067) 2129049
- MASHONALAND EAST – (06523) 20581
- MASHONALAND CENTRAL – (066210) 6894/7047
Let us be law-abiding citizens and stay safe from COVID-19.
[NYATHI. P] Assistant Commissioner Senior Staff Officer (Press, Public and International Relations)
To the Commissioner-General of Police
Police General Headquarters
- PICTURES: Mbuya Nehanda Statue To Be Unveiled By Mnangagwa
- PICTURE: ZUPCO Bus Collides With Army Truck
- Strive Masiyiwa Named The UK's First Black Billionaire
- "Masiyiwa Fled From Zimbabwe Aged 7" - Media