City Parking has announced new parking fees for motorists in Harare Central Business District with effect from the 20th of July 2020.
According to the adjusted tariffs, motorists will fork out ZWL$50.00 per hour from the current $20.00.
Motorists who will use the City Parking mobile app will part with ZWL$45 per hour. City Parking said in a statement:
PARKING TARIFF ADJUSTMENTS
1. THIS NOTICE SERVES TO INFORM THE MOTORING PUBLIC THAT, FOLLOWING WIDE CONSULTATIONS WITH THE MOTORING PUBLIC BY CITY OF HARARE AND CITY PARKING, ON-STREET PARKING TARIFF IN HARARE CBD HAS BEEN ADJUSTED AS FOLLOWS;
- ZW$50 PER HOUR
- ZW$45 PER HOUR ON OUR MOBILE APP (PARK ASSIST) PLATFORM
2. THE ADJUSTMENTS ARE WITH EFFECT FROM THE 20TH OF JULY 2020
3. DOWNLOAD OUR MOBILE APP – ‘PARK ASSIST’ FROM GOOGLE PLAYSTORE FOR GREATER PARKING CONVENIENCE AND ENJOY LOWER PARKING TARIFF.
4. MOTORISTS WHO PARK FOR LONG DURATION ARE ENCOURAGED TO MAKE USE OF OUR SAFE, SECURE AND AFFORDABLE PARKADES AND PARKING LOTS.
PLEASE PAY YOUR PARKING FEE TO AVOID INCONVENIENCES
Earlier this month, the Harare City Council was forced to intervene following a public outcry after City Parking adjusted parking fees to US$1.00 per hour.
City of Harare said the new fees were to be suspended until proper consultations are carried out.