The Zimbabwe Electricity Supply Authority has fired eight (8) top managers, demoted two and suspended three while the other is serving three months’ notice pending dismissal over malpractices picked up in the forensic audit published last year.
The Herald reports that those that have been fired are:
Introducing the Pindula News Mobil App
Download from Google Play Store
- Zimbabwe Power Company (ZPC) operations director Engineer John Chirikutsi,
- ZPC finance director Mr Hubert Chiwara,
- ZETDC managing director Engineer Julian Chinembiri,
- ZETDC finance director Thokozani Dhliwayo,
- Zesa Enterprises (Zent) managing director Mr Tererai Mutasa,
- Zent manager Tichivangana
- Zent manager Dafana.
- ZPC general manager Mr Washington Mareya who has been given three months notice.
- Zesa head corporate services Mr Rufaro Pasipanodya,
- Zesa public relations manager Mr Fullard Gwasira and
- Mr Obson Matunja from the audit department,
They were all suspended pending investigations into possible personal use of Zesa vehicles or a potential fuel coupon scam involving $18 000.
Last week, more officials including section engineer metering Engineer Leonard Chitsina, and Mr Freeman Chikonzo, senior manager Information and Technology were suspended pending investigations on a potential fraud involving a local electrical company.
More bosses could be fired once other disciplinary hearings have been concluded while several survivors are said to have been “strongly warned”.
Engineer Ralph Katsande who has been ZETDC acting managing director and commercial manager since 2018 has been demoted following the forensic audit and appearance before a disciplinary hearing where it was recommended that he should be demoted.
He is likely to assume the general manager’s post for the Southern Region.
More: ZBC News