The newly formed party The Patriotic Front on Saturday announced its founding National Executive Committee set to lead The Third Way until at least its official launch.
In a statement, the Patriotic Front said the party’s National coordinators made the resolutions at its meeting held on Thursday evening. Reads the statement in part:
Introducing the Pindula News Mobil App
Download from Google Play Store
True to the party’s multiracial, multi-ethnic approach of uniting Zimbabweans towards finding lasting solutions to the country’s multifaceted crisis, TPF elected a structure which is a blend of races, ethnic groups, youth and experience.
In line with its resolve to economically emancipate and empower people in their communities while also trying to restore national, regional and international confidence in Zimbabwe, the leadership comprises business leaders, economic experts, technocrats, politicians and community leaders.
Members of TPF interim National Executive Committee were announced as:
- President – Darryl Collet;
- Deputy Presidents – Patrick Matsinhanise and Anele Ndlovu;
- National Chairperson – Tamary Mukuna;
- Secretary-General – Andrew Nyathi;
- Deputy SG – Thutho Mavula;
- Secretary for Mobilization and Organising – Stanley Eden Ncube;
- Deputy Secretary for Mobilization and Organising – Joyful Ncube & Simbarashe Mupundu;
- Secretary For Innovation – Sam Mudzimurema;
- Secretary for Information – Mxolisi Ncube and Deputy, Vanessa Gonyonga.
- Secretary for International Relations – Nkanyezi Ndlovu;
- Secretary for Economic Development – St John Smallbones;
- Secretary for Legal Affairs – Vusani Khumalo;
- Secretary for Commercial Agriculture – Adam Forbes;
- Secretary for Subsistence Agriculture – Tanyaradzwa Makumbo;
- Sec for Elections – Muchengeti Hwacha;
- Secretary for Arts and Culture – Peter Sinek;
- Secretary for Health and Welfare – Butholezwe Nyathi.
Darryl Collet is a 73-year-old white businessman and dispossessed former owner of Mjingwe Ranch, a lucrative wildlife ranch in Masvingo’s Mwenezi district.