The Sports and Recreation Commission (SRC) has allowed fifteen sporting disciplines to resume action following an almost three-month suspension due to coronavirus.
The sporting disciplines are considered low risk by the Government and can commence their activities with effect from today provided they get clearance from the Sport and Recreation Commission.
Introducing the Pindula News Mobil App
Download from Google Play Store
In a statement, the SRC said the sporting disciplines will also have to strictly comply with the Government directives meant to stop the spread of CVID-19 in this country. Part of the statement read:
The Sport and Recreation Commission (SRC) hereby gives notice of the decision by the Minister of Youth, Sport, Arts and Recreation (Kirsty Coventry) to the following qualifying low-risk sport disciplines to commence activities, with effect from Monday, June 1, 2020, subject to the following provisions.
The sports codes which have been given clearance, provided they satisfy conditions laid out by authorities are:
- Zimbabwe Golf Association
- Zimbabwe Aquatic Union
- Cycling Zimbabwe
- Triathlon Zimbabwe
- Zimbabwe Cricket
- Zimbabwe National Bass Federation
- National Anglers Union of Zimbabwe
- Polo Association of Zimbabwe
- Polocrosse Association of Zimbabwe
- Zimbabwe Archery Association
- National Athletics Association of Zimbabwe
- Zimbabwe Equestrian Federation
- Zimbabwe Shooting Sport Federation
- Rowing Association of Zimbabwe
- Tennis Zimbabwe
See the table below for more details: