ZIMTA has said educators are asking the following important questions as the government announced it is planning to re-open schools in the coming weeks.
- How safe am I if schools are opened? Are students books safe to mark?
- Do I get free medication if I get #COVID19 at work?
- Is my family compensated if I die after getting #COVID19 at school?
- Will I get risk allowances when schools open?
- Is it worth it to die for 40 USD which is not enough to feed, clothe and shelter my family?
- Will I be able to teach 6* 35 minutes periods in a day with a face mask on?
- I have other health conditions that may affect me in this #COVID19 pandemic and I am supposed to teach my Ordinary level classes. How do I go about it??
The government is yet to respond to these questions. University final year students will go back to school next week while the rest of college students make use of technology to finish their courses. Meanwhile, South Africa will reopen schools next week
Are you in Zimbabwe?
Read Pindula News without data on your phone on freedata.pindula.co.zw
Only Applicable to Econet lines