4 police brutality incidents in Bulawayo have resulted in the following lawsuits in the past 8 weeks the country has been in lockdown.
- The Cowdry Park Sisters – The Cowdry Park sisters were victims of police brutality after officers enforcing lockdown restrictions brutally assaulted them and graphic images of their bodies circulated on social media. The 6 officers who brutalised the sisters’ case is in court and it is expected to be heard soon
- Western Chadomba – Chadomba was brutally assaulted by ZRP and ZNA soldiers in Bulawayo’s Njube suburb and he is suing Police Chief Matanga and Home Affairs Minister Kazembe Kazembe for $300 000
- Sithukani Ncube – Ncube is suing Matanga and Kazembe for $250 000 after 8 police officers assaulted her in Bulawayo’s Lobengula suburb and dislocated her left shoulder.
- The Ncube Family – The family of Levison Ncube has indicated that it will sue the state after a police officer in Bulawayo assaulted Levison who later died of his injuries a few days after the assault.
In another case, a traditional leader from Gweru Chief Trymore Nhari is also suing Matanga and Kazembe after ZRP officers brutally assaulted him and destroyed his laptop, wristwatch, cellphone and chieftainship badge. The chief is demanding $300 000.
- Click link to receive Pindula News on WhatsApp: https://wa.me/263733047077?text=add