Herewith the Ministry Of Health and Childcare COVID-19 Update for 6 May 2020.
The Ministry would like to report that all the PCR tests done in and Bulawayo on the 5S of May 2020 were negative for COVID-19
Cumulatively. a total of 8 244 rapid screening tests and 7 808 PCR diagnostic tests have been done to date. Today. 564 rapid screening tests and 667 PCR tests were done. in the public institutions All the PCR tests done today were negative for COVII)-19. Therefore, to date. Zimbabwe has thirty -four confirmed cases, including five recoveries and four deaths.
The Ministry continues to implement a comprehensive approach in response to COVID-19. this includes prevention and intensified survailance to ensure early case detection. timely testing, isolation and appropriate case management.
Seven days have passed since the last reported PCR confirmed case.
The Ministry continues to be on HIGH alert to the COVID-19 pandemic and would like to remind the nation the most effective ways to protect yourself and others against COV1D-19 are to practise personal hygiene and exercise social distancing.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water or use an alcohol-based hand nth.
- Cover your nose and mouth with tissue papa or flexed elbow when coughing and sneezing
- Avoid close contact with people who have a foci, are coughing. sneezing
- Maintain at least 1 metre (3 feet) disinter between yourself and others.
- Always wear a face mask in public places.