Chitungwiza Woman Dies After Consuming Food Mistakenly Prepared Using A Pesticide

A Chitungwiza woman reportedly died after consuming home-baked bread prepared by her child who mistook a pesticide for sugar and used it to make the bread that killed her, The Herald reports.

The incident occurred last Wednesday night at around 2 AM and was confirmed by ZRP National Spokesperson  Assistant Commissioner Paul Nyathi who said:

We received a report of a 44-year-old woman in Zengeza 3, who succumbed to food poisoning. We heard reports that a family in Zengeza 3 mistakenly used insecticide as baking ingredients. We urge members of the public not to put food and poison at the same place

The deceased’s neighbour shed more light on the incident and narrated the story to the publication and said:

I stay in Zengeza 3 where my neighbour, Mai Chidhau, died around 2am after eating home-baked bread that contained an ant-pesticide. Her child mistakenly mixed the ant-pesticide with flour when she was baking bread. Unfortunately, family members, including the husband and the child, ate the food

More: The Herald

Download the Pindula App for a better user experience.

Join WhatsApp & Telegram News Groups:

WhatsApp Group: https://chat.whatsapp.com/Lola0p7vo0W5H9lM3o5HCH

Telegram Group:

Back to top

Write a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Share Full Post