The Parliament of Botswana has approved a cocktail of measures meant to stop the spread of coronavirus. These include the extension of the national lockdown to the 30th of April.
Below are some of the approved measures
- Lockdown will end on the 30th April 2020.
- Schools will be closed for 6 months.
- Entry into Botswana is prohibited unless one is a citizen or resident in Botswana for 6 months, unless the President directs otherwise.
- Gatherings of 2 or more people are prohibited for 6 months.
- Not more than 50 people are to attend a funeral in the next 6 months.
- No visits to hospitals, prisons and rehabilitation centres in the next 6 months.
- Restaurants will only open for takeaway services in the next 6 months.
- Alcohol and cigarettes will not be sold for 6 months.
- No employee will be retrenched in the next 6 months unless the business closes.
- Employees do not have the right to strike in the next 6 months.