The US Ambassador to Zimbabwe Ambassador Brian Nichols is seen in this video detailing the assistance Zimbabwe is receiving from the US. The ambassador said America has provided the following:
- $450 000+ to be used to fight the pandemic
- Will print COVID-19 fliers and pamphlets to be distributed to the people of Zimbabwe to educate them about COVID-19
- Will continue to provide 1 million-plus people with ARVs
- Will continue to feed 1 million-plus hungry Zimbabweans
- Assist in testing and diagnosing COVID-19 cases through the US CDC department.
The U.S. is committed to helping the people of Zimbabwe get through the #COVID19 pandemic. Checkout this message from Amb. Nichols on our #COVID19 response. #WeStandwithZim @USAID, @PEPFAR @CDCgov pic.twitter.com/WAyk560LIV
— U.S. Embassy Harare (@usembassyharare) April 8, 2020