The Ministry of Finance and Economic Development has issued a raft of measures to mitigate the adverse effects of coronavirus.
Here are the major highlights [courtesy of newZWire] from the statement issued by Treasury this Monday:
Introducing the Pindula News Mobil App
Download from Google Play Store
1. Govt to pay out Z$200m per month to a million vulnerable households over the next three months
2. Treasury redirecting capital expenditure in the 2020 Budget towards health, including water supply and sanitation
3. Budget allocations to various Ministries have been cut to redirect money to coronavirus fight
4. Unfreezing of 4 000 health sector posts. 200 new medical posts created
5. The 2% Intermediated Money Transfer Tax (IMTT) stays but will be channelled towards COVID-19 related expenditure
6. Duty and tax suspended on goods and services related to testing, protection, sterilisation, and other medical consumables.