Open Letter to President Emmerson Mnangagwa
Re: Your address to the nation on 27 March 2020 concerning Zimbabwe’s national response to Covid–19
Thank you for introducing more measures to curb the effects and spread of Covid-19 in the Zimbabwean population.
It is gratifying to note the Zimbabwean rulership is now committed to appropriate medical interventions in the private and public sphere to fight the Covid-19 pandemic.
Accordingly, I request the following information be made transparently available to the Zimbabwean public in whose interests your office exists to act.
This is for the purposes of monitoring by, and accountability to the Zimbabwean public.
1. The names of the medical personnel who are heading up the Covid-19 response at national, provincial and district levels.
2. The names of the public and private hospitals designated to become Covid-19 treatment centres at national, provincial and district levels
3. The budget’s set aside for Covid-19 treatment disaggregated according to whether they are a) public or private and b) by province
4. How services, especially prophylactic and diagnostic are cascaded to village level
5. The targeted number of tests per day and how this will be achieved in the public and private sectors.
6. How safe transport of suspected cases to treatment centres will be effected down to the village level.
7. Fee structures for all Covid-19 interventions in the public domain.
8. Timelines for construction of each facility in the public and private sectors.
9. List of Covid-19 treatment equipment, medication and beds to be available at each centre.
10. Effective strategies for contact tracing to be used nationally.
Thanking you in advance for this information, I remain yours
- Douglas Munatsi's Death: Pictures Of 'Colleta' Who Was With Him On Fire Night Emerge
- Zimbabwe Weather Report & Forecast: 01 To 03 December 2021
- President Mnangagwa Reshuffles The ZANU PF Politburo
- Douglas Munatsi's Body Found Without Nails - Full Thread