Schoolboy Dies After Stepping On Faulty ZESA Cables

A 15-year-old Mutare schoolboy was last electrocuted to death after stepping on faulty Zimbabwe Electricity Supply Authority (ZESA)’s cables on his way from school.

The development was confirmed by Manicaland police deputy spokesperson, Assistant Inspector Luxson Chananda who revealed that the now deceased, Rodrick William was in the company of three friends when the incident took place. Chananda said:

They were coming from Chipinge High School and crossed a river before the deceased stayed behind filling his bottle with drinking water.

New Zimbabwe reports that the deceased’s friends continued to walk and passed by some ZESA power cables before the power lines suddenly developed a fault and started to spark before one of the cables dropped on the ground.

William reportedly started running to his friends when he heard the loud sparks and that is when he stepped on live power cables which electrocuted him.

He sustained extensive burns all over the body and died on the spot and his body was ferried by police to Chipinge district hospital for a post-mortem.

More: New Zimbabwe

To Comment, please click here

Featured Profiles

Satisfaction survey
How likely is it that you would recommend Pindula News to a friend or colleague?
SuggestionsHow can we improve?
You have already submitted your feedback. If you would like to add more feedback please write us on hello@pindula.com.

Back to top

Write a Comment

Your email address will not be published.