The US Embassy has issued a statement informing US citizens in Zimbabwe who wish to go back home but are stuck due to the constant cancellation of flights that they are arranging repatriation flights to the US for them.
This development was posted on the US Embassy In Zimbabwe website and it reads:
In response to the increasingly limited commercial options for departing Zimbabwe due to the global impact of COVID-19, the U.S. Embassy is coordinating two flights with a commercial airline to depart Zimbabwe on March 27, 2020, with one flying to Chicago, Illinois and the other to Dulles, Virginia (near Washington DC).
A number of seats on these flights will be available to private U.S. citizens.
Actions to Take:
- If you are planning on returning to the United States but have been unable to obtain space on a commercial flight, please contact Consularharare@state.gov with the names of your immediate family members who wish to travel. Please provide contact information including phone, what’s app, and e-mail, and to which city you would prefer to fly.
- On the evening of March 24, 2020, the Embassy will learn how many seats are available on the flights and will contact the corresponding number of U.S. citizens and their immediate families in the order they appear on the list.
- If you are contacted, you will have 24 hours to contact the airline and pay for your seats.
- The Embassy will continue this process of contacting those on the list until all seats are sold out.
- Ensure that your travel documents are valid. If you need to arrange an emergency passport or notarial service, please schedule an appointment.
More: US Embassy Zimbabwe
Quick NetOne, Telecel, Africom, And Econet Airtime Recharge
If anything goes wrong, click here to enter your query.