ZAOGA has closed its headquarters and ordered its employees to work from home in the wake of the novel coronavirus that has claimed over 17 000 lives including the life of broadcaster Zororo Makamba.
Below is part of the statement published by the church:
To: The Leaders and Saints of ZAOGA Forward In Faith.
Greetings in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. In compliance with the Presidential declaration of the state of emegency due to the COVID-19 epidemic threat, while we are praying and thanking God for everyone’s protection we hereby urge every member of ZAOGA FIF to observe the health guideline, diligently to avert posible spread of the disease.
Kindly take note of the following, directive from the Executive of ZAOGA FIF.
- All Assemblies. Regions and Districts to observe the 50 people or less directive at every service conducted under the banner of ZAOGA F1F until further notice.
- Exercise high standards of hygiene both at home and at church
- Ensure that you have foam soap running water and sanitizer for everyone to wash their hands at each and every entry point.
- Observe the one meter person to person distance wherever possible be it in church or any other meeting.
- Should you fall sick. please stay at home and avoid mingling with other worshipers until you are well for their safety. You are further encouraged to seek urgent medical attention to alleviate the matter.
Furthermore. we hereby, announce the closure of our office until further notice, Church staff members will work from home and most business will be conducted online. All building projects are also suspended forthwith.
As times are very uncertain we are encouraged to look unto Jesus the Author and Finisher of our faith, Let’s do what we can to be safe, take all necessary procedures, and adhere to government requirements in our nations. This is not the time to fear but to put our TRUST in the Lord. Psatm 23:4. Spend more time reading and meditating on the word because that is how faith comes and makes you stronger in the Lord.
God Bless you Yours In His Vineyard.
Rev M. Nyambo Secretary General