The President today set up an 11 Member interministerial COVID-19 taskforce New Ziana reports. The Obadia Moyo led taskforce will help coordinate efforts to fight the pandemic that has claimed over 17 000 lives worldwide.
A statement released by OPC’s Dr Misheck Sibanda reads:
The following terms of reference will guide the task force’s operations: to monitor the situation and manage the response to the COVID-19 outbreak and identify any gaps for corrective action; to raise the general awareness of the public on the pandemic; to mobilise domestic and international financial resources to adequately respond to the outbreak.
As chairman of the taskforce, Dr Moyo is required to make use of the Civil Protection Unit which has the requisite geographical spread and representation for maximum, effective, collective response and action as displayed in the management of the Cyclone Idai disaster,
Here is a full list of the members of the COVID-19 Taskforce:
- Dr Moyo
- Deputy Local Government and Public Works Minister July Moyo.
- Mthuli Ncube of Finance,
- Oppah Muchinguri of Defence and War Veterans Affairs,
- Sibusiso Moyo of Foreign Affairs,
- Kazembe Kazembe of Home Affairs,
- Cain Mathema of Primary and Secondary Education,
- Biggie Matiza of Transport and Infrastructure Development,
- Nqobizitha Mangaliso Ndlovu of Environment,
- Monica Mutsvangwa of Information, Publicity and Broadcasting Services
- Professor Amon Murwira of Higher and Tertiary Education.
More: New Ziana
Quick NetOne, Telecel, Africom, And Econet Airtime Recharge
If anything goes wrong, click here to enter your query.