The president at a Press conference today announced these precautionary measures to help curb the spread of COVID-19
- The president has shut down the country’s borders for travellers with immediate effect. Returning residents will be allowed to pass through and will have to be quarantined for 21 days.
- Cargo will be allowed to pass through as borders will remain open for them.
- Hospital visitations have been reduced to one visit per day by one person only.
- Public gatherings limit has been reduced to a maximum of 50 people.
- Workers encouraged to work from home if possible
- The president issued a blanket ban on gatherings around night clubs, bars, beerhalls, movie houses, swimming pools, gymnasiums and sporting activities, until further notice.
- All overseas flights into Zimbabwe with immediate effect have been suspended.
- Informal markets remain open and have been urged to reduce activity for now.
- Commuter services remain open but will be subject to further measures.
More: Zim Morning Post