The government has released S.I. 77 of 2020 which banned all gatherings in the wake for the novel coronavirus which claimed broadcaster Zororo Makamba’s life this afternoon.
The SI further instructs law enforcement agents to disperse crowds, arrest and detain defiances
Below is an extract of SI 77 of 2020
- - - Buy NetOne, Telecel Airtime on WhatsApp using EcoCash.
Send the word Airtime to +263 714 815 229
No extra charges. - - -
S.I. 77 of 2020
Object and scope of regulations 4.
(1) The object of these regulations is to enable the implementation of measures to prevent, contain and treat the incidence of COVID-19.
(2) These regulations are enforceable whether or not a State of Disaster in relation to COVID-19 is in force under the Civil Protection Act [Chapter 10:06].
Prohibition of gatherings 5.
(1) In order to contain the spread of cov1D-19, all gatherings for whatever purpose, are hereby prohibited during the period when the FED declaration is in force.
(2) An enforcement officer must, where a gathering takes place in contravention of subsection (1)—
(a) order the persons at the gathering to disperse immediately; and
(b) if they refuse to disperse, take appropriate action, including (subject to the Criminal Procedure and Evidence Act) arrest and detention.
(3) Subsection (2) does not apply to any school, unless
(a) a district health officer, in relation to any school within a district for which the district health officer is responsible; or
(b) a Director (Health Services), in relation to any local authority for which the Director (Health Services) is responsible; or
(c) the Minister, acting on the advice of the Chief Health Officer; or (d) the Chief Health Officer, after consulting the Minister;
declares by any means likely to make such declaration known to the school or schools concerned, that any specified school or group or class of schools shall be regarded as a gathering for the purposes of this section. 391
Public Health (COVID-19 Prevention, Containment ail,’ Treatment) Regulations, 2020
(3) Any person partaking at a gathering or convener thereof —
(a) partakes in or convenes a gathering knowing that such gathering is prohibited in terms of subsection (1); or
(b) refuses to disperse from a gathering after being ordered to disperse in terms of subsection
(2)(a); shall be guilty of an offence and liable to fine not exceeding level 12 or to imprisonment for a period not exceeding one year to both such fine and such imprisonment.
Compulsory testing, detention, etc. to contain COVID-19 6.
(1) An enforcement officer referred to in paragraph (b) of the definition of “enforcement officer” in section 2 may, in relation to any individual or group of individuals who are suspected of being infected with, or who may have recently been exposed to the risk of infection by, COV1D-l9, order any one or a combination of the following things
(a) order the individual or individuals concerned to submit to a medical examination, instantly or at the time and place ordered, which examination may include but not be limited to the taking of any bodily sample by a health practitioner or other person acting under the supervision of a health practitioner;
(b) order the mandatory treatment or prophylaxis of the individual or individuals concerned;
(c) order the sequestration or disinfection or both of the baggage and personal effects of the individual or individuals concerned;
(d) order the disinfection or evacuation (for a period not exceeding 24 hours) or both of the homes of the individual or individuals concerned or of any building or premises wherein they work or gather for any purpose;
(e) order the on-site detention, isolation or quarantining of the individual or individuals concerned, or their removal to a hospital or place of isolation or quarantine, and their detention at such site, hospital or place of isolation, pending the examination, treatment, prophylaxis or