According to ZimMorning Post, these 5 ministers might be axed or reassigned by the president in the upcoming cabinet reshuffle as the president seeks to appoint competent people he hopes will turnaround the nosediving economy.
- Joel Biggie Matiza – Matiza faces the axe over the issue of Air zimbabwe being stagnant, The Chirundu- Beitbridge rehabilitation which is moving at a snail pace and the scandals that marred the Chirundu Beitbridge project.
- Owen Ncube – Mudha as he is known also faces the axe for his hard stance in policy implementations which supposedly earned him a spot on the sanctions list which is contrary to the president’s soft approach in a bid to reengage with the west
- Fortune Chasi – Chibabest, The snake skinner as he is known by his fans is reportedly going to be replaced because the president is trying to put someone with an engineering background on his post despite the minister’s hard work. Chasi is also being accused of failing to launch the ‘go green ‘campaign in all provinces.
- Mangaliso Ndlovu – the youthful Ndlovu is reportedly facing the axe because tourism growth has been marginal since his appointment to the tourism ministry.
- Sibusiso Moyo – Rtd Gen Moyo might also be axed due to his poor health that has reportedly grounded him in Zimbabwe when he is supposed to be travelling advocating and engaging with foreign counterparts and stakeholders.
More: Zim Morning Post