The government on November 1, 2019, gazetted the Veterans of the Liberation Struggle Bill to establish a board that will address their rights, welfare and benefits, among other issues.
The Bill, HB 15 (2019), will repeal the War Veterans Act and the Ex-Political, Prisoners, Detainees and Restrictees Act.
Here is a list of what the war veterans expect to be incorporated into the new law:
- Medical and dental care
- Educational Assistance
- Funeral Assistance
- Clear categorization of the Veterans of the Liberation Struggle members
- Tax and Duty exemption
- Quota system in Parliament and all government institutions and agencies
- Automatic promotion of serving veterans of the liberation struggle in State institutions
- Diplomatic passports
- Bravery medals and new identity cards
- Compensation of war victims and veterans of the liberation struggle living with disabilities
More: Open Parly
Quick NetOne, Telecel, Africom, And Econet Airtime Recharge
If anything goes wrong, click here to enter your query.