1. This statement is issued by the Zimbabwe Revenue Authority (“ZIMRA/the Authority”) and seeks to correct the false article published in the Standard Newspaper on 15 March 2020, on page 12, written by Tawanda Majoni, titled “Zimra bosses are fuelling corruption” (“the Article”).
2. Article flagrantly states that:
“While the rank and file is getting paltry RIGS packs, the executives are helping themselves to the good money, the US dollar. Far thousands in forex paid as salaries and allowances.”
3. ZIMRA is not paying any of its employees (executives included) salaries and/or allowances denominated in United States Dollars or any other foreign currency as alleged or at all. The current compensation and remuneration for ALL ZIMRA staff is all in Zimbabwean dollars.
- - - Buy NetOne, Telecel Airtime on WhatsApp using EcoCash.
Send the word Airtime to +263 714 815 229
No extra charges. - - -
4. The Article is not only untrue but also malicious and is calculated to harm and damage the integrity and esteem of ZIMRA, its Board Executives and general staff.
5. The failure by the writer of the article to seek commentary from ZIMRA goes against basic ethical, editorial and journalistic principles, which afford the subject of a story the opportunity to respond before a story is published.
6. The Authority wishes to put the record straight and will pursue other remedies to cleanse its reputation
7. It has become necessary to publish this Statement for the benefit of our stakeholders, the taxpayers and the general public.
You have already submitted your feedback the vote. If you would like to add more feedback please write us on firstname.lastname@example.org.