The Students’ Representative Council
University of Zimbabwe
REF: COVID-19 PREVENTATIVE MEASURES
In the wake of the Corona Virus (COVID-19) pandemic, which is a threat to human security, preventative measures are of utmost importance as the old adage says, “prevention is better than cure.”
Talks with the relevant University authorities are underway to try and figure out how we can prevent this phenomenon. The key points of our discussions are:
1. The availability of running water, soap and alcohol-based hand sanitizer with
at least 60% alcohol in all public areas
2. Liaising with our cleaning company to disinfect all public surfaces at regular
3. Printed materials for all public areas in order to raise awareness
4. Creation of a platform of communication should there be any suspected cases If the requirements are not met, I am afraid we have no other option than to isolate ourselves and not put the lives of students at risk.
In the meantime, we urge all students to:
1. Wash hands regularly with soap and water or used alcohol-based rub which kills viruses that may be on your hands
2. Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
3. If you have fever, cough and difficulty breathing, stay at home and seek
medical care early
4. Avoid handshaking. Use other non-contact means of greeting
As the SRC President, I will be engaging health care officers who will be coming to the university to address students on how best we can PREVENT, PREPARE and RESPOND to this pandemic as an institution and as students.
MUZVARE ABIONA MATARANYIKA
- ZANU PF: No Farms For 14 UK Deportees
- RGM Airport Manager Succumbs To COVID-19 Plunging Staff Into Panic Mode
- Deputy Minister Haritatos Loses Both Parents To COVID-19
- Zimbabwe Coronavirus/ COVID-19 Update: 28 July 2021