Former cabinet minister, Ignatius Chombo, was allegedly involved in these land dealings and the land commission of enquiry is demanding that he must be investigated.
- Dr Chombo allegedly received 125 commonage stands from Delatfin Private Limited in return for the support he rendered to the firm in a land dispute with other developers in Zvimba
- Dr Chombo, according to the report, allegedly demanded from the same property developer, additional stands at a meeting held at Number 7 Bath Road, Milton Park where he was represented by his brother, Mr Nimrod Chiminya
- Dr Chombo is said to have received more stands from Leengate, another property developer working in Zvimba
- Some cooperative contributions were deposited into the personal Agribank account held in the name of former minister Dr Ignatius Chombo
- The funds deposited into his Agribank account by cooperatives were never remitted for development purposes
More: The Herald