When the government and its yellow Unions announced their grand Victoria Falls excursion, some civil servants were hopeful that the salary crisis could be resolved in the resort town.
It is now clear to everyone that beyond the boat cruises and all-night parties by the negotiators no solution was carved out. We have consulted far and wide post this great betrayal of our time to find a way forward.
1. The struggle for interbank rate indexed salaries has to be escalated to turn the heat on the arrogant selfish employer.
2. We will be reporting for duty once every fortnight in protest against underpayment.
3. We will conduct a series of labour forums and teacher parents’ interface meetings countrywide.
4. Our anger will be registered on the streets with more frequency.
We note with disgust that some among us in our noble profession has turned to demand money from suffering parents to cushion themselves.
It is our principled position that parents have already contributed to our salaries by paying different forms of tax. We should just confront our employer demanding fair compensation.
Access to education for the poor and vulnerable becomes a nightmare if teachers are allowed to sell education to affording learners.
We call upon teachers and parents engaged in these acts to reconsider their actions and join us in fighting for a more sustainable model for public education.
The government of President Emmerson Mnangagwa is reminded of its mandate of providing education to the people of Zimbabwe. Paying a living wage for teachers is one sure way of guaranteeing inclusive access to education.
This February, month of love, we will demonstrate our love for our profession and nation through protest.
- Kenyan Elections Official Disappears Moments Before Announcing Results
- Zimbabweans Coming Back From South Africa Can Import Vehicles Duty-free
- ZEGU Economics Lecturer Lists Conditions For Gold Coins To Stabilise The Economy
- Kenya Elections: William Ruto Congratulates Winners
Join WhatsApp & Telegram News Groups:
WhatsApp Group: https://chat.whatsapp.com/EbOE8cWvMYyCNyLqi65db9