The US Embassy in Botswana today tweeted about the discussion between SADC’s Dr Tax and US Ambassador to Botswana in which the embassy then listed these 5 facts and said the issues hindering Zimbabwe’s economic growth were not because of the US sanctions on Zimbabwe.
The Embassy captioned their photo:
Here are the 5 facts about US Sanctions In Zimbabwe as Tweeted by the US Embassy in Botswana:
- US Sanctions largely target those who engage in corruption, violate human rights and undermine the democratic institutions or process.
- Targeted sanctions do not prohibit trade between the US and Zimbabwe
- ZDERA and targeted sanctions are different, the US has never invoked ZDERA
- The sanctions list is a living document
- Failed economic policies and corruption, not sanctions hinder Zimbabwe’s economic growth.
Quick NetOne, Telecel, Africom, And Econet Airtime Recharge
If anything goes wrong, click here to enter your query.