A pro-ZANU PF Youth group, Youth Against Violence has urged the government to use all means necessary and unnecessary to block the planned opposition MDC demo which it says is bound to be chaotic.
The group says that the government has to take preemptive measures to prevent violence in the country.
Youth Against Violence spokesperson, Taurai Gakanje Kandishaya told the media on Thursday that they had already communicated with the president. He said:
- - - Buy NetOne, Telecel Airtime on WhatsApp using EcoCash.
Send the word Airtime to +263 714 815 229
No extra charges. - - -
We have called upon the president and the government to use whatever they have at their disposal to make sure they bring back to life, law and order so that we attain our peace for development.
The reason we are castigating the pending demonstration, precedence of January 2019 is what we are following here.
Gakanje added that the group has no issue with peaceful demonstration but it believes that the MDC was organising a violent protest.
A ZCTU-instigated fuel demonstration of January last year degenerated into chaos with reports suggesting that demonstrators looted shops and vandalised lots of properties.
Reports also suggest that the state unleashed the army which brutally assaulted members of the public in their homes killing about seven of them.
More: New Zimbabwe