Three finalists for the 2010 African Player of the Year Award have been revealed with regular names reappearing again.
The finalists are, Riyad Mahrez, an Algerian national who plays for Manchester City in England; Sadio Mane, Senegalese national who plies his trade for Liverpool FC, England, and Mohamed Salah an Egyptian “Pharaoh” who plays for Liverpool.
Meanwhile, Mane has been regarded as the favourite to win the award considering his contribution to Liverpool in the Uefa Champions League and Senegal in the Africa Cup of Nations.
The Confederation of African Football previously released the list of the10 final nominees for the 2019 African Player of the Year award. Below is the list.
- Mohamed Salah – (Egypt and Liverpool)
- Sadio Mane, (Senegal and Liverpool)
- Riyad Mahrez – (Algeria and Manchester City)
- Ismail Bennacer (Algeria and AC Milan)
- Youcef Belaili – (Algeria and Al-Ahli)
- Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang – (Gabon and Arsenal)
- Andre Onana – (Cameroon and Ajax Amsterdam
- Hakim Ziyech – (Cameroon and Ajax Amsterdam
- Kalidou Koulibaly – (Senegal and Napoli)
- Odion Ighalo – (Nigeria and Shanghai Greenland Shenhua, China)
The shortlists of nominees was decided upon by votes from a CAF Technical and Development Committee and a panel of media experts.
The winner in the men’s and women’s African Player of the Year, male and female Coach of the Year, and Interclubs Player of the Year categories will be revealed on Tuesday, 7 January 2020, at the CAF Awards ceremony taking place in the Egyptian resort of Hurghada.
More: Football On BT Sport
Quick NetOne, Telecel, Africom, And Econet Airtime Recharge
If anything goes wrong, click here to enter your query.