Amalgamated Rural Teachers Union of Zimbabwe have issued a statement reiterating on the issues which the government has to address for them to effectively execute their duties and responsibilities.
Part of the statement which was posted on Facebook reads:
- Interbank pegged salaries using our old United States dollar salaries as benchmark
- A substantive rural retention attraction allowance to incentivize rural teachers
- An education equalization fund to enhance access to quality education for marginalized communities
- Fully Paid study leave for all teachers
- Restoration of the legally provided vacation leave
- Review of the new curriculum
- Devolution of education planning and management
- Expanding of social security to cover health care by a more transparent and accountable National Social Security Authority.
- The scrapping of the opaque pension contribution replaced with a more transparent system.
- Employment of more teachers to resolve the crisis of staff shortages.
The statement is issued when schools are reopening within a few weeks. Other teachers’ unions have since announced that they will not be going to work since they are incapacitated.
Quick NetOne, Telecel, Africom, And Econet Airtime Recharge
If anything goes wrong, click here to enter your query.