The United States government has warned its citizens residing in or intending to visit India to be extra vigilant as protests in that country continue.
There are protests in India over the contentious new citizenship law that is said to be marginalising Muslims.
In a statement, the USA said that the Indian government had “imposed law that prohibits political gatherings of four or more people – known as Section 144” It also revealed that the internet could be intermittent.
The USA also advised its citizens to take the following courses of action:
- Avoid areas with demonstrations and civil disturbances.
- Keep a low profile.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Review your personal security plans.
- Notify Friends and family of your safety.
- Follow the instructions of local authorities.
Quick NetOne, Telecel, Africom, And Econet Airtime Recharge
If anything goes wrong, click here to enter your query.