A Christmas collection has started for Zimbabweans who lost their goods after a bus they were travelling in caught fire on South Africa’s N1 earlier this month.
In a message to Fourways residents, two of the organisers of the collection, Greg and Liesl Milne said:
There were 46 passengers who were travelling back home to Zimbabwe to visit their families.
Many of these passengers only go home once a year, and some only every few years, after working and saving up to provide much-needed clothes, food, toys, money and school stationery to their families in Zimbabwe.
The bus was travelling from Cape Town when a tyre burst sparked the fire on December 11 on the N1 near the William Nicol off-ramp in Johannesburg.
No one was injured in the incident but the passengers, mostly women and children, lost all their possessions.
Quick NetOne, Telecel, Africom, And Econet Airtime Recharge
If anything goes wrong, click here to enter your query.