Chitungwiza General is reported to be operating normally after 19 of its dismissed 20 doctors returned to resume their duties.
The hospital’s chief executive officer, Dr Enock Mayida confirmed that the 19 doctors who were been fired had rejoined the 17 consultant doctors who provide specialist services to the hospital and had never declared incapacitation.
All the other central hospitals are also operational, contrary to reports on social media, although they continue to operate well below capacity.
Harare Central Hospital chief executive officer Dr Tinashe Dobbie told reporters that the hospital was never closed and no patients had been turned away.
Meanwhile, officials from Parirenyatwa Group of Hospitals said they were still compiling figures on the number of doctors who have resumed duties by Monday.
Mpilo Central Hospital chief executive officer Dr Solwayo Ngwenya said more doctors were returning to work though he could not give the exact number of those who had resumed their duties.
More than 80 junior doctors are reported to have returned to work on Monday across the country, with another 282 expected to join them by January 2020.