25 November 2019
The Chief Elections Officer
Zimbabwe Elections Commission
Mahachi Quantum House
No I Nelson Mandela Avenue
RE: PHANTOM NOTIFICATION OF A POLITICAL PARTY (MDC ZIMBABWE)
We have been made aware that some individuals purporting to be members have written to you purporting to notify you of their existence as MDC Zimbabwe headquartered in Gweru.
We have also been made aware of a letter purportedly coming from yourselves in response to their notification wherein you have acknowledged and indeed accepted them as part of your stakeholders. May we kindly have your confirmation of this.
If it is indeed your letter we object to the content of your letter and conduct for the following reasons:
- Firstly, as a key stakeholder represented in Parliament and known to you, we were not
given an opportunity to express ourselves on the validity of the claim by any of the said individuals. May we remind you that you are a public officer in charge of a public institution and as such, you should conduct yourself within the bounds of the Constitution and in particular the requirements of administrative justice.
- Secondly, our Party name (Movement for Democratic Change), logo and insignia including any variants are registered patents. The said persons have no authority to use our name or have any claim to it whatsoever.
As such we hold the firm view that the purported registration is null and void and should be withdrawn. We, therefore, expect you to notify the said individuals of our position and expect your offices to act accordingly in terms of the law.
Hon Jameson Timba
- PICTURES: Mbuya Nehanda Statue To Be Unveiled By Mnangagwa
- PICTURE: ZUPCO Bus Collides With Army Truck
- Strive Masiyiwa Named The UK's First Black Billionaire
- "Masiyiwa Fled From Zimbabwe Aged 7" - Media