Chitungwiza Central Hospital has announced the dismissed almost all the doctors following the disciplinary hearing which found them guilty of absenting themselves from work. In a memo dated 14 November 2019 addressed to all directors, doctors, principal nursing officer and all wards, the medical institution upheld the dismissal of the doctors. We present the hospital’s memo in full below.
SUBJECT: OUTCOME OF DISCIPLINARY HEARINGS FOR STRIKING DOCTORS
The above subject refers: –
May you kindly be advised that the following Doctors, who embarked on an unlawful industrial action since 17th of September 2019, underwent Disciplinary Hearings, were found guilty, and were subsequently discharged from the civil service by the Health Service Board on the 7th of November 2019.
- Dr Bruce Bvumbe – JRMO
- Dr Willard Muza – Hospital Medical Officer
- Dr Clive Chingoriwo – JRMO
- Dr Arthur Mhizha – Hospital Medical Officer
- Dr Julia Chinganga – Hospital Medical Officer
- Dr Chenai Mukumbuzi Hospital Medical Officer
- Dr Peter Mupunza – Hospital Medical Officer
- Dr Brian Rice – Hospital Medical Officer
- Dr Lilian Garapo — Hospital Medical Officer
- Dr Raymond Nyandoro — Hospital Medical Officer
- Dr Bernadette Biton – Hospital Medical Officer
- Dr Isaac Dzveya – Hospital Medical Officer
- Dr Tapera Muzivi – Hospital Medical Officer 1
- Dr Simon Zvapano – Hospital Medical Officer
- Dr Witness Mwedzi – Hospital Medical Officer
As such, they are no longer part of Chitungwiza Central Hospital, nor can they represent the Institution in any capacity. For the avoidance of doubt and confusion, they are not allowed to carry out any medically-related work nor procedures within the Hospital premises; and are expected to vacate hospital accommodation by the end of November 2019.
Be guided accordingly.