President Emmerson Mnangagwa has appointed new permanent secretaries to three ministries, a new Chief of Protocol and head of the President’s Secretariat, both in the Office of the President and Cabinet (OPC).
Below are the appointments made as announced by Dr Misheck Sibanda, the Chief Secretary to the President and Cabinet.
- Ambassador Chitsaka Chipaziwa has been appointed the new Chief of Protocol in the OPC.
- Ambassador Raphael Faranisi has been appointed Head of the President’s Secretariat in the OPC.
- Mr Zvinechimwe Churu has been appointed Permanent Secretary for the Ministry of Local Government, Public Works and National Housing.
- A top intelligence official, Mr Aaron Nhepera, has been appointed Permanent Secretary for the Ministry of Home Affairs and Cultural Heritage. He joins the ministry from the security and intelligence sector.
- Former Permanent Secretary in the Ministry of Home Affairs and Cultural Heritage, Mr Melusi Matshiya has been appointed Permanent Secretary for the Ministry of Women’s Affairs, Community, Small and Medium Enterprises Development.
- The former Women’s Affairs Secretary, Ambassador Dr Rudo Chitiga has been moved to the OPC while awaiting reassignment.
More: The Herald