The cabinet on Monday discussed and made resolutions on a number of issues. Among other issues, Cabinet said that the Government, through the Health Service Board has to commence disciplinary proceedings for the striking doctors as from 21st October 2019. Cabinet also approved proposed changes to the Constitution in the following areas:
- Women’s Parliament quota to be extended by 10 years.
- That the running mate clause to be scrapped.
- President to appoint Prosecutor General.
- Office of Public Protector to be set up.
- MPs be dropped from Provincial Councils
- to provide for the setting aside of one constituency per province, to be contested for by the Youth on the basis of proportional representation.
- to provide for the inclusion of the office of the Chief Secretary to the President and Cabinet in the Constitution
Download a copy of Cabinet resolutions here: 37th Decision Matrix 2019 Statement