The Ministry of Justice, Legal and Parliamentary Affairs has, through Statutory Instrument 188 of 2019 (Magistrates Court (Civil) (Amendment) Rules, 2019 (No.1), raised all fees by over 150%.
The development was confirmed by Justice Minister, Ziyambi Ziyambi who said that the increase is in sync with the prevailing economic environment and is with immediate effect.
Below are the old and new tariffs.
- Marriage licence – ZW$100 from $35.
- Application of civil imprisonment – ZW$100 from $20.
- Liquor licence application (Bulawayo and Harare districts) for temporary application and late opening – ZW$1500 and ZW$1050 from $500 and $350 respectively.
- Certification of documents per page – ZW$3 from 50c.
- Local court (a villager appealing against a ruling by a traditional leader) appeal – ZW$50 from $5.
- Notice of appeal and warrant of civil imprisonment – ZW$50 from $10,
- Warrant of execution against property – ZW$20 from $4,
- Request for default judgment – ZW$10 from $2.
- Notice of pre-trial conference – ZW$10 from $2.
- Inspection of records – ZW$10 from $4
- Consent of transfer – ZW$10 from $5
- Notice of withdrawal – ZW$10 from $2.
More: The Chronicle
Quick NetOne, Telecel, Africom, And Econet Airtime Recharge
If anything goes wrong, click here to enter your query.