Man Severely Burnt After Petrol Explodes In His Hands

A Mutare man escaped death by a whisker but sustained severe burns on his face and both arms after a container of petrol he was holding caught fire.

Tatenda Maorera (19) of Munyarari Village, 22 Miles under Chief Zimunya in Mutare district is admitted at Mutare Provincial Hospital following the incident.

Maorera told the Weekender that everything happened so suddenly that is not sure how the fire started. He said:

It all happened when I wanted to go and buy a birthday present for my child. I decided to take 10 litres of petrol from the 20 litres that I was keeping in my house.

As you are aware, we are having fuel challenges so I was keeping the 20 litres for emergencies.

As I was emptying the 20-litre container, I suddenly saw myself in a ball of fire.

I sustained injuries on both my arms as well as the face. It is painful and I just hope I will be fine soon.

Maorera said that the accident was not a result of domestic violence. He said:

My wife was very helpful when it happened. She was not the one who caused the fire. I am not sure how the petrol ignited but I am sure that she is not the one to blame.

In fact, she is the one who is assisting me since the day this happened. I know people talk a lot after such incidents but it is very much unfair to say my wife is to blame.

More: Manica Post


Quick NetOne, Telecel, Africom, And Econet Airtime Recharge

If anything goes wrong, click here to enter your query.

Mutare Provincial Hospital

The Mutare Provincial Hospital is a hospital in the Manicaland Province. The hospital has 250 beds at its facility. Read More About Mutare Provincial Hospital

Comments

Back to top

Write a Comment

Your email address will not be published.